Monday, January 6, 2014

Overview & Welcome


Here I am again...taking a stab at my second blog.  I loved my first blog, with my promise of positivity and encouragement, but it quickly became challenging to post regularly.  I found myself laboring over every single word, and boy was it wordy!  It was deep and took a lot of reflecting.  Unfortunately it became too difficult to keep up with.  I was left feeling bummed, still plowing ahead with all of my usual research, so much info to share, but not really sure how to share it.  Then the New Year hit!  So many of the inspirational people I follow were asking "what is your intention for 2014?"  One took it even further by suggesting that the intention be summed up in one word.  It didn't take me long... "wholeness."   WHOLENESS is MY WORD for 2014!  That is what I want in my life, for myself.  Of course health is a big part of that, but there is so much more to it.  Regardless of how I feel physically this year (and beyond), I want peace and fulfillment.  I want to be fully present, "showing up"every day to life, and I want to feel like I am making a difference.  That is why I decided to dust myself off and try this blog thing again.  I have been through a lot, but it has not been at a loss.  I have learned SO MUCH!  People keep telling me, "You are going to do something with this experience."  I feel it, too.  I have so much to share, and my deepest desire is to help people.  Even if it is one little bit of information, that only helps one person, then I have succeeded in my heart.  I just want us all to live our best lives!  Health and wholeness can be challenging to navigate.  I have very slowly hopped from stone to stone, and now I want to share my map.  It surely will not be your map, but it should point you in some helpful directions.  So many people and things helped me along the way, and I want to pay it forward.

I am still not making any promises about how long I am going to stick with this!  If it gets in the way of living (or sleeping), I am out.  I have to make a deal with myself to keep it easy and to the point so I can keep it going.  A lot of it will simply be pointing you to another website, a link to an article, or a product review.  I plan to do lots of product reviews!  When I first decided to dive into going "green" I happened onto a site run by two young women who thought a lot like me, and I found it extremely helpful.  They endlessly reviewed products, very honestly, and it helped me make some good first-time choices and spend my money wisely.  I have wasted some time and dough during this quest, too...and that is what I want to help you avoid.  I know it can be overwhelming, and most people can't afford to change every little "toxic" or unhealthy aspect of their lives, nor do they have the time to do the research.  I totally get that.  I am hoping to help you make some small changes that will make the biggest impact.  I want this to be just as much Q&A (question and answer), too!  Though my posts might be short at times, I welcome and encourage questions and discussions!

I am not claiming to have all of this "right" or to have all of the answers.  I just know what has (and has not) worked for me.  One of the highlights of my product reviews is that I tend towards being sensitive and hyper-reactive to things, so what agrees with me should agree with many.  My goal with all of this is to put the information out there so you can make the best choices for YOU and your family.  It is going to be different for everyone.  I know that there are so many things I wish I had known before, because I would have done things differently (baby monitors = radiation...personally I would have slept by the crib or let my baby cry a little longer before I could hear him).  That's just me, and I am not judging anyone for using them, but I just wish I had known more so I could make that informed choice.  That is just one example of many in my life.  As Maya Angelou says, “When you know better you do better.”  Thankfully awareness is rising all around, but I feel like there is still so much to uncover and discover.  I want to give you a piece of the WHOLE picture so you can PICK wisely and find your path to WHOLENESS, so welcome to The WHOLE PICKture!  I hope you will follow along, participate, and learn.  Much love!  XO!

No comments:

Post a Comment