Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Feet Treat

As I mentioned in my "healthy travels" post we just returned from Disney...where we logged an average of ten miles a day!  What?!  I didn't even know I was capable of such things!  My feet were SO TIRED by the end of each day.  I wasn't prepared to "treat" my feet while there, but now that I am home I am in full "rejuvenate mode."

I don't think I have to give you the whole "feet are so important to our overall wellbeing" speech.  We all know that we need our feet to carry us through this life and that if they are miserable, we are miserable!  There is lots of information out there indicating that we detoxify a lot through our feet, too, so keeping them healthy and open helps to keep our whole being in-flow.  (Keeping your feet warm is important, but if you can sleep without socks on, do it for detox sake!)

One of my very favorite ways to "treat" my feet is a foot soak at the end of the day (or anytime).  I throw in a lot of the same ingredients I use for my full-body detox baths - epsom salt, bentonite clay, baking soda, essential oil(s), etc.  Some people even throw in a little Apple Cider Vinegar!  Then I take my little pumice scrubber and gently exfoliate my feet so they can BREATHE.

Next is my favorite part!  I pat my feet dry and apply this delicious "Peppermint Foot Rub" by one of my favorite little companies Moon Valley Organics.  It is a perfect opportunity for a little massage and self-care (reflexology is a powerful tool).  This foot salve makes my feet feel so soft and refreshed, and it brings a soothing and healing sense of circulation.  My feet come back to life!  The arnica is perfect for helping with swelling as well.  The scent could not be more perfect this time of year, too...such a treat!

All you need is a tub/bucket, a pumice, and this Peppermint Foot Rub to take yourself to the spa!  (Candy cane-striped Toesox add to the experience as well!)
Moon Valley Organics is so very thoughtful about each ingredient they put into their products, and you can tell they are of the highest quality.  The first product I tried was their "Moon Melt Lotion Bar"...I had such a hard time choosing a scent in the store, because they are all heavenly.  I now have three out of four scents, and I can't wait to snag the last one to complete my collection!  For now my fave is "Coconut Lemon," because it literally smells like coconut lemon pie - it's dessert for your hands!  All of the lotion bars keep my hands soft and smooth, which is no easy job this time of year.  I also love their "Herbal Lip Balm"...my favorite being the "Mint Vanilla," which is also very "holiday."  We have also been loving their "Rejuvenating Rub" for sore and achy muscles, as well as their "Herbal Heal" for cuts/scrapes/boo-boos!  I introduced my father to the "PsoriaSoothe," and he says, "It really helps!"...and just had me order him two more tubes!  (My only suggestion would be to order the "key tool" or find something at home to help you get the salves out of the tubes.)

My Moon Valley Organics stash...hard to choose a favorite, because they are all so AWESOME!
The proof is in the products.  You will LOVE them...and I can endorse them as a person with very sensitive skin and an overall sensitive constitution.  Once I saw the Moon Valley Organics video story I truly was ALL IN (check it out below).  Their love of the land, plants, animals, and their products has me hooked as a customer and fangirl for life.  I am so impressed by their thoughtful and sustainable practices and how they have expanded to collaborate with other healers to enhance the effectiveness of their products.  I simply LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!

So, whether you have literally walked ten miles today or just got home from a holiday party where you danced the night away in killer shoes, take some time to give your feet some love with this Peppermint Foot Rub...and grab some other stocking stuffers while you are at it.  There are plenty of goodies to choose from!  I can already hear the grateful sighs of relief!





No comments:

Post a Comment