Friday, December 2, 2016

Happy Hair

One of my obsessions in life is definitely personal care products (which is why I started this blog in the first place)!  Back in the day, like when I was in college, I used to splurge on salon shampoo and conditioner...and my make-up bag was always well-stocked.  My choices (and what drives them) have changed dramatically, but I still feel like a kid in a candy shop as I S-L-O-W-L-Y make my way down personal-care-product aisles (just ask my husband and son)!  I love to take it all in...smelling, reading labels, making note of new companies on the market.

And...I really go crazy for shampoos and conditioners!  As you can see for yourself...

An entire shelf in our bathroom closet dedicated to my shampoo/conditioner collection!  (Maybe I have a problem?!)
Today I am featuring two products, because they both boast an amazing scent that leaves me more relaxed and happy, which is something we all need more of during this busy time of year.  The power of aromatherapy is a very real thing!  Both of these products highlight lavender, which is well-known for its ability to calm and soothe...and even alleviate headaches...among many other things.

I am particularly excited about flourish products, because I went to high school with one of its founders!  In the past I have used their "Lemongrass" shampoo/conditioner, and I love how clean, fresh, and uplifting it is.  However...the "Lavender Mint" is my favorite so far...such a perfect pairing!  There is something about it that is very "holiday" to me as well (probably the delicious mint), so I am enjoying it more than ever right now.  Each time I use it I feel a peaceful boost throughout the day as the scent revisits me.  I am particularly impressed with how short their ingredient lists are, which is proof of how thoughtful they are about what they put into their products.  Energetically you can feel the love in their blends, and I am really looking forward to trying their "Cocoa Spice Body Creme" this holiday season!  YUM!  And what's better than supporting a small, local (Vermont), conscientious company?!  (Obviously you can shop online, but I have also found flourish in my local natural foods stores).

Set yourself up for a peaceful day (or restful night) when you shower with these beauties!
Just a few weeks ago I was happy to discover Carina Organics, newly added to the shelves of a fave local health store.  Of course I started opening the bottles and smelling right away.  I really loved their "Citrus" scent, but when I got to the "Lavender" I knew that was the one!  I already have a handful of Citrus-scented hair products (there are way more citrus options out there), and I am particularly drawn to lavender and its healing properties.  It also just feels luxurious and reminds me of being at a spa!  Something else that is cool about this shampoo is that it also doubles as a body wash!  Perfect for when you are in a hurry!  All-in-ones can be great, but I usually find they don't do much for the hair...I can tell you that is NOT the case with this one.  Next on my list is definitely the "Sweet Pea" scent, but I haven't found it around here yet, so I am waiting to smell it in person.  Once again, our wonderful neighbors in Canada have given us a health-conscious product to be grateful for!

Both brands leave my hair soft, shiny, and smooth!  I really admire the story behind both companies, and I am so impressed with their short ingredient lists, chock full of well-thought-out, high-quality plants and herbs.  The #1 reason I suggest these two brands is their QUALITY!  I know you can find lavender-scented products elsewhere, but my nose can tell the difference...and it matters!  Treat yourself, or someone you love...you will be so glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment